About the Class
The Magic Leap One offers unprecedented opportunities in spatial computing, utilizing World Reconstruction, a 6 DoF controller, hand and eye tracking, spatial audio and other bleeding-edge affordances.
In this intensive, hands-on series of workshops, Magic Leap evangelist Tricia Katz will enable participants to get started with the Magic Leap One and their engine or platform of choice.
Starting from scratch, you’ll be walked through setting up your dev environment, learn the many available development tools and how to best use them, and dive into the Lumin SDK to create anything you desire using the device’s powerful feature set. Magic Leap Mentors will be available to assist you every step on the way.
Seating is limited – sign up soon to reserve your spot!
What’s the Format
VR/AR Chicago, in cooperation with the Chicago Chapter of the VR/AR Association is proud to welcome Magic Leap to 1871 for this second round of training. This class will be a 6 hour long intensive course, intended for developers and content creators.
There are limited seats – only 30 available. Magic Leap has asked that these 30 seats be reserved for students that will complete the class and have the correct skills to make use of the training. As such there is a screening form to complete before being invited to reserve your seat.
The training is free, however you will be required to make a $100 deposit to reserve your seat in the class. At the beginning of the class each attendee will sign in. Upon completion of the class you will sign out and complete a short survey, after which your deposit will be refunded. You must complete the entire class and the review survey or your deposit will be forfeited.
- August 1: Series 1 of registration invitations will be emailed.
- August 8: Series 2 of registration invitations will be emailed.
- August 15: Series 3 of registration invitations will be emailed.
- August 22: Series 4 of registration invitations will be emailed.
- August 27: Magic Leap Basic Training – SOLD OUT
- August 28: Magic Leap Advanced Training
- August 29: Magic Leap Basic Training
- Check In & Coffee!
- 1:1 Dev Environment & Project Setup Support
- During this time, we will assist those who are having difficulties downloading the tools for the workshop and setting up their project.
- If you would like to schedule a 1:1 meeting with one of our partner managers, this would be the time to do so.
10:00 am – 10:15 am
- Workshop kicks off! Introduction to Magic Leap and the Magic Leap One
10:15 am – 12:00 pm
- App Exploration/Demos
- Overview of tools + tooling setup
- Hello, Cube! Build to device + try Magic Leap Remote with Simulator and Zero Iteration
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- Building on cube: 2 hands-on API exercises
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Open build time
- 1:1 meetings begin
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Workshop wrap up & Goodies!